Skillet Brownie with Preserve Company Raspberry Sauce
10” Cast iron skillet
¾ cup unsalted butter
8 ¼ oz chopped semi sweet chocolate
3 large eggs
2 ¼ tsp vanilla
¾ cup sugar
½ cup flour
1 tsp espresso powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup whipping cream
1 250ml jar Raspberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt the unsalted butter and semi sweet chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Sift together your flour, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir the sugar and vanilla in your chocolate mixture. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, making sure to completely mix in the egg before adding the next.
- Stir your dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and pour into a greased 10” iron skillet.
Bake brownie for 25-25 minutes, or until the middle is just set. The brownie will continue to cook when you take it out of the oven, so make sure not to over bake it.
- Whip up the whipping cream until it reaches medium peaks. You still want it to be soft but hold it's shape. Dollop whipped cream on the brownie, and on each serving. Warm up the Raspberry Sauce and serve on top of the whipped cream.
- Brownie can be served warm or room temperature.