Preserve Company Snowball Cupcakes
These moist snowball cupcakes are loaded with delicious coconut flavour featuring our tasty Buttered Rum Coconut Loose Leaf Tea.
1 cup Buttered Rum Coconut Loose-Leaf Tea infused milk
¼ cup sour cream
2 ¼ cup flour
¼ cup cornstarch
1 ½ cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
4 large eggs
½ tsp coconut extract
½ tsp vanilla
¼ cup water
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp Buttered Rum Coconut Loose-leaf Tea
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup shortening
4 cups icing sugar, sifted
2 Tbsp Buttered Rum Coconut simple syrup
1 Tbsp milk, or more/less to get a fluffy consistency
1 ½ cup shredded coconut, for dipping
- To make the Buttered Rum Coconut Tea infused milk, heat up the milk and 2 tsp of tea on the stove. Once almost at a simmer, remove from heat, and steep for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and set aside to cool.
- To make the Buttered Rum Coconut Tea simple syrup, bring the sugar, water, and tea to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, strain through a fine mesh strainer, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°, and line cupcake pans with cupcake liners. This recipe makes 24-26 cupcakes
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a bowl and hand mixer) sift together the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer running, add in the cubed butter one piece at a time until combined. It will look a little like wet sand. Add in eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is combined before adding another. Stir in the vanilla, coconut extract and sour cream.
Slowly pour in the tea infused milk until its all combined and smooth. Scoop or spoon batter into the lined cupcake pans and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean. While cupcakes are still warm, brush them with tea simple syrup. Set aside to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the icing, in a bowl of a stand mixer (or a bowl and a hand mixer) beat the unsalted butter, shortening, and Buttered Rum Coconut tea syrup until light and fluffy. Add in icing sugar one cup at a time, beating after each cup. Add in tea syrup and milk until you get a light and fluffy consistency.
- To decorate cupcakes, fill up a piping bag fitted with a round tip with the frosting. Pipe icing on the top of each cupcake to the edge. (You can also just use a palette knife or spoon to spread the frosting on the top) Dip each cupcake in the shredded coconut. Enjoy! Cupcakes will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Leave a comment