Tandoori Vegetable Skewers
Our featured product in this recipe:
A tandoor is the traditional earthenware oven of Northwest India. Its high temperatures allows meat to cook quickly without drying. Tandoori means "in the cooking style of the tandoor."
- sweet peppers cut into chunks
- small potatoes (could be parboiled for 3-4 minutes, dried and cooled before marinating)
- onions cut into wedges or chunks
- grape tomatoes
- wooden skewers
- 1/4 cup natural Greek yogurt
- 1-2 Tablespoons Tandoori Sauce
*Some veggies will require more cooking time. For example, brush peppers and onions with olive oil and grill for a few minutes prior to skewering and brushing with the marinade.
Soak the skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
Mix the Tandoori Sauce and yogurt in a small bowl; cover and store in fridge until ready to grill. Skewer vegetables and brush well with marinade. BBQ for about 2 minutes per side (about 8 minutes in total). Vegetables will be slightly charred with grill lines.
Serve on a bed of Jasmine rice and enjoy!
Leave a comment